Friday, September 25, 2009

Triple Chocolate Whammy Cupcakes

ButterYum cupcakesOh dear... I really don't need these, but today is a very special day.


ButterYum cupcakesToday is my youngest daughter's birthday. She's a true chocolate lover, so these triple chocolate whammy cupcakes were right up her alley!


ButterYum chocolate batterHere's the first part of the Triple Chocolate Whammy - the German Chocolate cupcake batter recipe is from Rose's Heavenly Cakes (man are they good).


ButterYum ganache glazePart 2 - I used a squirt bottle to fill the cupcakes with chocolate ganache syrup...


ButterYum ganache syrup...lots of ganache syrup.


ButterYum chocolate buttercreamBut that wasn't quite enough chocolate... so I used an Ateco 808 tip and piped on a kid friendly dose of Chocolate-Egg White Buttercream, also from Rose's Heavenly Cakes. Let's just say these were a huge hit in the classroom.
:)


A couple helpful observations...
ButterYum cupcake linersNext time I'll use only the paper liners, or only the foil liners, but using both as the recipe suggested results in a kind of slippery accident waiting to happen when placed inside a cupcake carrier.


ButterYum cupcakesAlso, the recipe suggested spraying the paper liners with Baker's Joy, but that seemed far too messy, fussy, and prone to oil blobs on the paper liners so I skipped the step entirely and I'm happy to report the paper liners pulled way from the cupcakes just fine.


ButterYumHappy Fall to everyone in Blogland.

And Happy Birthday Little One.
XOXOXOXO

24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter. My birthday is Sunday. Your cupcakes look devine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Your cupcakes look so yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vashti - the recipes are available in Rose's Heavenly Cakes. The cupcakes are the German Chocolate base with Ganache Syrup, frosted with Chocolate Egg White Buttercream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful!!!! Love the chocolate whirl on top! I am so happy Fall is coming but it's still painfully hot here in FL. Came by way of MomTrends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You continue to amaze me with your culinary talent! These look beautiful and I am certain they taste the same! I need something a little quicker to whip up so I amy going to try using a German Chocolate cake mix. Do you think that will work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... not 'amy' ~ am! Why do I push the post button before proofing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Care to send me some - those cupcakes look amazing! I need my chocolate fix after making lemon cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything recipe with the words *triple chocolate* goes straight to the top of my *to try* list :) YUM!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again! Actually, it wasn't until after i set up the blog and did a google search on the name just to see if I came up, I then saw all of Wolfgang's books and such. I laughed. I told myself I guess I picked a nice name because he liked it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! Looks scrumptious!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live next door to a chocoholic and I think I'll make him some of these for Halloween treat.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete
  13. this lovely cupcakes look sooo delicious, i want one, now!

    cheers fom london,

    pity

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chocolate plus Chocolate plus Chocolate equals happy happy folks! These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness...those just look too good. My husband LOVES chocolate. I really like the filling them with syrup part. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow these look delicious, wish to lick that frosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, talk about chocolatey goodness. Those look delicious!!! Love the swirl on top!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I had fun making my first wedding cake and had the pleasure of tasting my creation at the wedding :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My birthday is Dec. 28th...do you take orders! Can't wait to see what you come up with for tomorrow's Momtrends Friday Food feature. My recipe is pork--until then!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm relieved to see you had the same doming problem I did; I'm thinking that they would have been flatter if I had reduced the oven temp 25 degrees due to the dark pans. And maybe less mixing. Also, I think my batter would have filled more than 14 cups, so I will weigh next time.

    My frosting solution was to allow the glaze to cool quite a bit more before I applied it, so that it clung to the domed tops. This worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am true chocolate lover I gonna prepare some of this certainly... And as well those are fine for kids parties. =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmmmmmm...these look great! Thanks for the icing tips :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!