Thursday, April 22, 2010

Asian Baked Chicken

Asian Baked Chicken Thighs ButterYumI stumbled upon the most appetizing chicken recipe recently on a food blog called The Mess Pot by Jade. Jade describes herself as a Southern Cook living in Northern Illinois, married to the man of her dreams. So sweet - ahhh, to be a newlywed again!

Anyway, Jade's recipe is called Sunshine Chicken, but when my kids walked in the door and smelled what I was cooking, they immediately asked if we were having Chinese for dinner. So, considering the fact that I tweaked the original recipe a bit, I'm renaming it Asian Baked Chicken.

I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs - they're cheap and easy (not admirable qualities in most cases, but here it works). I hope you'll give this recipe a try!


Asian Baked Chicken
Makes 3 pounds
Printable Recipe

3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
ground black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, make the glaze by combining the ketchup, honey, soy, and garlic powder. Mix and set aside.

Place boneless, skinless chicken thighs on a cooling rack suspended over rimmed sheet tray (you may want to cover your tray with foil for easy cleanup). Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces onto the cooling rack, presentation side up, and brush with glaze; bake for a total of 45 minutes, basting with additional glaze every 15 minutes.

26 comments:

  1. looks delicious! it's always perplex me to hear that the chicken thighs are cheaper cos in Asia, that's the expensive part. The chicken breast nobody wants to eat here..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that funny - it's the complete opposite here. Chicken thighs are highly under rated if you ask me... they're practically goof proof!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! I think I might try that tonight! great 'easy dinner' recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great I love almost anything Asian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a sweetheart!! I am so glad that you liked it! I love the idea of changing the corn syrup to honey and will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this sounds and looks outstanding!! Thanks for sharing and thanks to Jade :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, love your comment about cheap!
    How are you doing BY?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll make these for the non-veg family members. It sounds so incredibly quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delicious, Patricia, and easy to make (the oven does all the work). Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing...and easy too! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking my Dad will love this-thanks!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo! What kind of lighting did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha - thanks so much Kathleen. Believe it or not, it was night time so I took the photo on my stove top, under the fume hood lights. I'm sure daylight would have been much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And the quinoa on the plate looks very appetizing.
    It's one of my favorite grains.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Despite what I read about only using natural lighting, I get some good photos under a light at my stove. And sometimes, a flash is the only option.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know... I need a more dependable lighting source, since most of my cooking and baking happens in the evening hours.

    As for the Quinoa, I love it. I'm sure you see it a lot in Mexico, but here it's not very widely known. I'll do a post about it next week sometime.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  17. easy easy and looks so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds and looks delightful. Think I'll try it this week! Lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ב''ה

    Looks simple and good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nothing like a 5 ingredient entree - that's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Patricia,

    I wish quinoa was common here, but it is not. It is from South America, grown in the Andes. I have to bring it back in my luggage when I visit the States, and hope the food inspectors don't find it. Last year, they were so distracted by all my new cake pans, that they never noticed my lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yum yummy..this sounds deelish. i'm always looking for new chicken ideas and this one sounds great for the whole family...specially for those who can't handle the HEAT.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is a fantastic recipe, I love Asian food, I love how they incorporate some ingredients and some sauces that makes the food delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!