Monday, April 16, 2012

Chocolate and Banana Baked Oatmeal

Chocolate and Banana Baked Oatmeal
When I saw this yummy baked oatmeal posted on Budget Bites yesterday, I knew I had to make it immediately.  So glad I did because it does not disappoint!  I wish you could have experienced the heavenly aroma of chocolate and bananas when I pulled this glorious treat out of the oven.  Crazy good!

We like to let our baked oatmeal cool to room temperature so we can cut slices to snack on throughout the day.  That gave me the perfect opportunity to dress it up with a little whipped cream and chocolate curls.   



Chocolate and Banana Baked Oatmeal  
Printable Recipe
makes one 8-inch square pan or one deep-dish pie plate 
serves 6-8
adapted from Budget Bites

Oatmeal:
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
1/3 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (almond would be yummy too)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats

Optional Garnish:
1 banana, sliced
chocolate curls
1 cup heavy cream
1-2 tablespoons vanilla sugar (or granulated sugar)

Preheat oven to 350F and spray baking pan with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl, mash 1 1/2 cups of bananas (3-4).  Add all the remaining oatmeal ingredients except the oats.  Whisk to combine; make sure there are no cocoa powder lumps.  Stir in the oats and pour into prepared 2-quart baking dish; place on sheet pan and place in oven for 45 minutes.  Eat warm or cool to room temperature and garnish with sweetened whipped cream, banana slices, and chocolate curls.  Serves 6-8.

14 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely delicious! Almost too good to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks great, thanks for linking this up to my hop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks heavenly! Thanks for sharing..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks awesome!!!! I've been making lots of baked oatmeal lately, but never even thought of making a chocolate flavored one! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most gorgeous oatmeal I've ever seen. Your presentation might even get my kids to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks absolutely delicious! I would love to try some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is different. Sounds good. I love oatmeal and chocolate is a given.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm this sounds and looks amazing. Thank you for linking up with This Week's Cravings - we'll be tweeting you this afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great, too. Thanks for linking it in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you decorated with cream, chocolate and banana slices! It's just beautiful! And I'll bet it was delicious too. How can you go wrong with those ingredients?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always in need of a good breakfast recipe. This one looks fantastic, thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!