Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Note Card Party

I'm participating in an blog "Note Card Party" at A Haven for Vee.  Bloggers who wish to participate should post 4 photos that would make nice note cards, but they can only be photos that have appeared on your blog in the past.  I've published hundreds if not thousands of photos, mostly food related, but I thought I'd share some of my favorite non-food photos today.  These were taken either with my Panasonic Lumix FZ28 (point and shoot) or my Nikon D7000 with a Nikkor 18-200mm telephoto lens.


This is a momma robin feeding her 4 babies in a nest she built outside my office window last year.  I sat in the sun for hours to get this shot, but it was worth it.  Incidentally, the same robin just hatched 3 eggs in the same nest yesterday.
Panasonic Lumix FZ28


I saw this field of wildflowers on the side of the road last year and couldn't resist pulling over to capture them.


This huge, stunning fuchsia was growing in the gardens of an English Manor where my husband and I stayed during out trip to England.  It was well over 8 feet tall and 8 feet wide, and was covered with thousands of little buds that were just beginning to open.


This tulip was sitting on my dining room table just a few weeks ago.  The sunshine was illuminated the delicate petals in such a beautiful way that I had to snap a quick pic.
Nikon D7000

Thanks for visiting.

25 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the photo of the Mama bird feeding her very hungry babies! You got a wonderful angle and view for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos. So clear and close. I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I like them all, but especially love the robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moley.

    You win.

    Those are breathtaking.

    WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures! Love that bird one. That is amazing!! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos which would make wonderful note cards!

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exquisite all...and what a beautiful set of note cards this would be. I'd buy them! Thank you for joining us. Hope that you meet some terrific new-to-you bloggers. It's been a pleasure finding you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all beautiful. Love the Robin. Wonder how she decided who got the worm. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Stunning photos!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are all beautiful and would make a lovely set of notecards. I have to say I absolutely ADORE the one of the momma robin feeding her babies. I would love to have that one in a frame. Gorgeous.
    It was great to discover your blog. I'm going to come back and check out the food that is tempting me on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent photos and each one would make a beautiful note card but that first one is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your *cards* are gorgeous, but the first one ... Momma Robin and her babes just knocks my socks off! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card pics are beautiful ... But of course the first one is breathtakingly amazing! I think a series of cards with food photos would be wonderful and fun to use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, the robin feeding her birds is my favorite. Enjoyed your notecards, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are GORGEOUS, Pat & would make spectacular note cards!! I love the clear, crisp shots you get, both of food & otherwise. I keep practicing & do appreciate all the tips you've shared over the years.

    This is my first time participating in Vee's Note Card party but hopefully not my last.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from Vee's Party...my son and I sooooooooooo enjoyed the Mommy Bird and her babies...you got a wonderful picture...the flowers are beautiful also

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really love them all... my most fav is the robin with her babies. that is so precious. you must have been very patient to get that photo. love it!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gee, difficult to choose. They are all beautiful. Each made me smile. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pictures! Honestly, I can't choose a favorite. Maybe, the robin's as my name is Robyn. Maybe, the flowers because purple is my favorite color. Maybe the pink flower because of the stunning colors. I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tulip takes my breath away. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That first photos is outstanding! The detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh that robin photo is gorgeous...I would love that framed!! How precious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had some tulips that same color (and that same droop)! These are gorgeous, but the mother robin has got to be the winner. That is an incredible shot!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These pictures are stunning, Patricia! They'd even make for a great calendar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!