Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tootsie Roll Rose Redux

Tootsie Roll Rose by ButterYum
Tootsie Roll Rose - ButterYum
Got any leftover Tootsie Rolls hanging around after Easter?  I thought I'd repost this cute idea for those of you who do.

How to make a Tootsie Roll Rose ButterYumThey're actually kind of fun and relatively easy to make using fresh (soft) tootsie rolls. Start by rolling a small ball, then smoosh it into a petal shape (the candy will soften from the heat of your hands). Roll the first petal tightly to form the center of the rose.


How to make a Tootsie Roll Rose by ButterYumKeep making petals and apply them, one-by-one in concentric circles, until your flower is done (pinch off any extra from the bottom). All together I used 2-3 small candies per rose.

Now tell your little one to close his/her eyes and prepare to delight in the huge smile they'll give you when they see you've made.


How to make a chocolate rose by ButterYumAnd when they giggle, pop it in their mouth.
;)


Chocolate Rose by ButterYum

17 comments:

  1. That is incredibly adorable. Not to mention resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading into the kitchen to raid Dudette's candy basket of any tootsie rolls and I'm trying this right now! How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest thing I've seen in forever! I'm off to buy tootsie rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you reposted this so I can Pin it now :) Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so, so cute! And what a great way to learn how to make roses (much better than having to go out and buy marzipan).

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are darling. I'm going to make them to garnish a dessert. Perfect touch for a dazzling presentation.

    Nann

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! I never would have thought of using Tootsie Rolls that way. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! And looks way more doable than piping a rose out of frosting (which I've never done).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! Any excuse to buy some Tootsie Rolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking this yummy post up to my Say G'Day Saturday Party. I've never seen Tootsie Rolls so I learnt a lot-thank you!

    I hope you will be able to join in and link up another fabulous post this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this look amazinggg!!! I really want to this out for sure, so cute!!!


    Caterers in Manchester

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!