Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks - ButterYum
So there I was, around 9pm the other night, when out of nowhere my daughter tells me she needed to bring cookies to school in the morning.  *Sigh*  I really hate when that happens.

So I started brainstorming my memory banks for a fast cookie recipe and this one came to mind.  It was perfect for this situation because you don't have to wair for butter to come to room termperature, the doughh is easily mixed by hand, and all 36 cookies bake on one sheet pan in less than 10 minutes.  Oh and they're super cool looking too.


Mix the dough and divide it into two equal portions.


Pat each portion into a 3x15-inch rectangle.


You don't have to do this, but I like to use a pastry scraper to make the edges nice and neat.


Chocolate chips are gently pressed into the cookie dough before baking.


The baked cookie rectangles are allowed to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the sheet pan.


Allow cookie rectangles to cool completely before cutting into 1-inch wide sticks.  Now grab a beverage and dunk away.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
Printable Recipe
makes 36 cookies sticks
adapted from Taste of Home

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375F.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.  In a large bowl, combine oil, both sugars, egg, and vanilla; add the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.  Divide dough in half.  On a silicone or parchment lined sheet pan, shape each half into a 3x15-inch rectangle, leaving 3 inches of space between the two rectangles.  Sprinkle each rectangle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips; gently pressing the chocolate chips into the dough.  Bake in the center of the oven for 6-7 minutes for chewy cookies (8-9 minutes for crisper cookies).  Allow to cool completely before cutting into 36 cookie sticks.  Use a serrated knife for best results.





15 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you for this recipe, it looks so delish, I can't wait to make them for the holidays that are coming and are almost here, lol! The look awesome! Have a blessed week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fabby - I'm telling you, I can't think of an easier recipe that will make 36 cookies in such a short period of time. And I don't see any reason why you couldn't make them a week or two in advance - just put them in an airtight container and tuck them into the freezer until you need them.

      Delete
  2. I have made very very similar ones..really good n'est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! These look so delicious... I want, I want. :p (Like right NOW!)

    Terrific tutorial Patricia ~ Thank you for sharing! (As always, I love your photos.) xo~m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these cookie sticks, Pat! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so yummy! I love how you shaped them. Love it when kids let you know so late!!! Now I have to run back and see your candy apples. I have always wanted to find a recipe for those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I love how they look and it's so handy for dipping into coffee or hot chocolate. I'm pinning this!

    Visiting from On The Menu Monday :)

    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice and creative! I'll take a stack of cookies please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so great ! And baking is always fun to do with the kids!

    We'd love it if you'd stop by and share it at our Linky Party: http://www.twokidscooking.com/2012/11/show-and-tell-more-thanksgiving-recipe-and-crafts-linky-party/

    Hope you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooo making these! What fun dunkers!!!
    I love to come and see what's cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to make these soon--they look like the perfect addition to a good book and cuppa something warm. Popping by from Stonegable's link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's genius!
    I would love to have you share this or any other recipe of yours at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Foodie Link Party with the chance to get a lifetime feature on my Wall of Fame! Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/11/wednesday-extravaganza-3.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh.my.goodness. I could grab a handful. :)
    A quick and easy choc chip recipe is essential for a happy life.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a perfect, little treat....not that I could stop at one! I love that they're so quick and easy. I'm making these for the grands!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!